It is that time of year again when summer break is over and kids are returning back to school. The beginning of the school year also brings various illnesses from colds, stomach virus, ear infections, conjunctivitis and sore throats. What is a parent to do?
The most important step you can do is teaching your children to thoroughly wash their hands. Studies show kids tend to wash just where the soap hits in the center of the palm and never even reach their finger tips (which is the part that ends up in the mouth). Second, here are some great homeopathic remedies I carry in the office to use as preventative during the cold/flu season.
1. Relax-Tone: When the body is stressed, the immune system is lowered. This remedy helps reduce all types of stress from making new friends to work-load. This remedy is used as needed.
2. Rehydration: Our body is made up of 98% water and is vital to the function of our body and mind. This remedy helps increase cellular uptake of water. (Note: this is great to add to athletes water bottle with SpectraMin to help increase water uptake during exercise and increase Minerals that are depleted.)
3. Flora-Synergy: single-strand probiotic that contains lactobacillus sporogenes. This supplement does not need to be refridgerated as it contains the spores, which mean when it is digested, the spore is released in the body. This strand of probioic can be taken long-term and kills any microbes in the body.
4. Spagyric Greens: think of this as a whole food liquid that contains antioxcidents, B vitamins, Vit C, amino acids, and more. Plus, it is gluten free.
5. Liquid Vitamin D3: Research keeps coming out about the many benefits of Vitamin D3 and how most people are very deficient. Vit D3 focuses on the digestive and immune system. It is in Sunflower oil making it easy to dose with no unpleasant taste.
There are also some great herbal formulas to use as a preventative or at the first sign of an illness. If an illness does come your way, head to your local acupuncturist as soon as you can. Acupuncture and herbal remedies are great at keeping an illness away, or help shorten the cycle of it.